UtiliCorp to Mount Proxy Fight for Quanta Board
According to a Quanta press release, UtiliCorp, which owns 38% of Quanta, said in a 13-D filing Friday that it will attempt to have its nominees elected to the Quanta board via a proxy motion. Quanta responded that the threat reflects Utilicorp's desire to consolidate Quanta's results with its own earnings in order to meet market earnings expectations.
Quanta Chief Executive John Colson said, "handing the company to UtiliCorp to satisfy its financial and accounting agenda is not in the best interest of Quanta's shareholders."
The companies had been discussing voluntary financial consolidation, but the negotiations fell through, precipitating the filing by UtiliCorp. UtiliCorp said it would name its director slate within the time period required by Quanta's bylaws, and its slate would consist of six individuals that are affiliated with UtiliCorp and three that are independent from both UtiliCorp and Quanta.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV