Cadence Design's Tality to Cut 200 Jobs
Cadence Design's (CDN) Tality unit said it will no longer provide board-level, mechanical and packaging services for data and telecommunications equipment, and will instead focus on communications IC design and intellectual property used in wireline communications equipment.
The company said the action is intended to capitalize on what it expects will be an imminent recovery in the chip sector.
To facilitate the shift, the company plans to cut 200 jobs and take a $25 million restructuring charge in the first quarter.Shares of CDN closed Friday at $23.09 ahead of the announcement.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV