Qwest Gets Subpoena in Global Crossing Case
Qwest (Q) said it had received a subpoena from the Securities and Exchange Commission for documents relating to Global Crossing, the telecommunications network operator that declared bankruptcy last month.
Qwest, a Denver-based telephone and data company, said it was cooperating with the commission.
The SEC has been investigating Global Crossing's accounting following publication of a finance executive's internal letter raising issues about auditor independence and revenue recognition. The company denies wrongdoing.
Also Monday, The Wall Street Journal reported that SEC officials sought information from Global Crossing in August 2000 on the same matters detailed in the executive's letter. The commission asked Global Crossing to justify its auditor's independence, noting its senior vice president of finance had recently been hired from Arthur Andersen, where he was lead accountant on the Global Crossing account.Global Crossing characterized the inquiry as routine.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV