Pixar Tops Estimates
Pixar Animation Studios (PIXR) easily beat analysts' earnings expectations, posting fourth-quarter profits more than double what the company earned in the previous quarter, mainly because of the success of the film Monsters, Inc.
The film producer earned $13 million, or 25 cents a share, down from $35.2 million, or 71 cents a share, in the year-ago quarter, which saw the video release of Toy Story 2 boost sales. In the latest third quarter, the company earned $6.2 million, or 12 cents a share. Analysts had been expecting 18 cents a share in the fourth quarter, according to Thomson Financial/First Call.
Revenue dropped to $26.1 million from $75.7 million in the year-ago period, but rose from $11.3 million in the previous quarter.The company forecast full-year earnings of $1 to $1.20 a share, while analysts are expecting $1.16.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV