GlobespanVirata Posts Loss
GlobespanVirata (GSPN) reported a pro forma loss of $1.09 million, or 1 cent a share, compared with earnings of $15.65 million, or 20 cents a share, in the year-ago period. Analysts had been expecting a loss of 5 cents a share, according to Thomson Financial/First Call.
Revenue was down 58% to $55 million from $131 million in the year-ago period.
Shares of the integrated circuit provider closed at $12.85 Thursday on the Nasdaq.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV