Emcore's Loss Is Wider Than Expected
Emcore (EMKR) posted a wider-than-expected first-quarter loss on weaker demand for its products.
The semiconductor company said it lost $17.7 million, or 49 cents a share, excluding charges, compared with a loss of $7.8 million, or 23 cents a share, in the year ago quarter. Wall Street had been expecting a loss of 37 cents a share, according to Thomson Financial/First Call.
Using generally accepted accounting principles, the company lost $31 million, or 85 cents a share, compared with $11.4 million, or 34 cents a share, a year ago.Revenue for the quarter fell to $19.1 million from $39.1 million in the year ago period. Shares of Emcore closed down 2% at $9.07 Wednesday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV