Fleming Says Relationship With Kmart Still 'Strong'
The food wholesaler's comments came after Kmart said late last week it is reviewing its liquidity situation and seeking supplemental financing from its lenders.
Kmart's senior unsecured debt rating was lowered three notches by Moody's on Friday to B2, its fifth-highest junk rating. The rating agency said it has "uncertainty about the prospects of Kmart's franchise longer term and the traction of its turnaround strategy."Kmart's common shares are trading at a 30-year low and were recently down 49 cents, or 15%, to $2.80. The stock, which was the most heavily traded on the New York Stock Exchange Monday, began swooning after an analyst commenting on weak Christmas sales raised the possibility the company might face a bankruptcy filing.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV