Meade Instruments Lowers Third-Quarter Guidance
Meade Instruments (MEAD) lowered its guidance for the current third quarter to pro forma net income of 4 cents a share with sales of no more than $37 million. Wall Street was expecting 26 cents a share, according to Thomson Financial/First Call.
The telescope manufacturer said its third-quarter results will be hurt by order cancellations.
The company also said that with a substantial backlog of orders for new products, its fourth-quarter results would be better than expected, but offered no specific guidance. For the full fiscal year, the company is expecting pro forma income of 13 cents a share on sales of less than $103 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV