A Busy, Busy Week for IPOs
The week of Oct. 29 will stand out in my mind for many reasons, but especially because of how busy we were.
This past week thirteen equity syndicate deals came to market, making this the busiest week since that of July 23, when 14 deals where priced. This week's offerings included three IPOs, each of which we had high hopes for. The nice thing is that all three lived up to our expectations.
The deal you had to have loved was Anthem (ATH), the Indianapolis-based Blue Cross/Blue Shield operator. Not only did Anthem turn in a 13.6% first-day gain from its IPO price of $36, the stock has continued to make gains, closing today at around $43.00.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV