Pfizer's Got Plenty of Upside
If I had to pick one drug stock to own for the next 10 years, it'd be Pfizer (PFE). I mean, let's face it. This company has it all -- a tremendous pharmaceutical business and a bevy of blockbuster consumer products from Benadryl to Listerine to Zantac. The combination has the potential to provide investors with double-digit earnings growth for at least the next three to five years.
What makes me so optimistic?
Take a look at how some of its key pharmaceuticals are performing. In the third quarter, Lipitor (for cholesterol) sales jumped 37%, while Neurontin (for epilepsy) and Viagra (you know what that's for) reported year-over-year increases of 32% and 13%, respectively. Put simply, the company is, unlike many of its big name competitors, firing on all cylinders.
And although some may point out that its consumer business continues to struggle, Pfizer's ability to milk efficiencies out of its merger with Warner Lambert will more than pick up the slack. In fact, sources tell me that management's efforts to improve the company's product mix and reduce headcount at the acquired company will lead to consistent margin improvement through next year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV