Remembering Bill Meehan: Brian Reynolds
Brian Reynolds' Tribute
I was lucky enough to have experienced his friendship and generosity firsthand. I began writing for TheStreet.com a year ago, and fortunately I have saved the emails that I received in response to my early columns. Bill was the first columnist to personally welcome me to the RealMoney fold. In that initial message of friendship, he said that he admired my thought process and hoped to hear more from me.
I was flabbergasted that a person of his stature would take the time to reach out to a rookie columnist. Working for a tremendous firm known as the bond brokers' broker, he surely didn't need to seek my input about the bond market. I will treasure his offer of friendship forever.
I used to be an equity trader before switching to the bond side, and I had long admired his work. As we communicated back and forth, I grew even more impressed with Bill's thought process and integrity. After I remarked to him about how a negative call from last fall might be perceived, he told me that we have a responsibility to think clearly and then speak our mind.His messages of honesty, integrity and friendship will stay with me forever.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV