Remembering Bill Meehan: Todd Harrison
|TSC Pays Tribute to Bill Meehan|
|Tony Dwyer's Tribute|
|Todd Harrison's Tribute|
|Justin Lahart's Tribute|
|James Cramer's Tribute|
|Brian Reynolds' Tribute|
|Howard Simons' Tribute|
|A Look Back at Some of Bill Meehan's Columns|
Bill Meehan was such a man.
The highest compliment that I can offer somebody, when talking among my friends, is to say that he's one of us. That means somebody has character and possesses the qualities that we look for in friends. That they're real.
When I was honored by United Cerebral Palsy, Bill was one of the first people to walk in the door. I remember how proud he was to be there and show support for a worthy cause. He spent hours with those less fortunate, offering a smile and handshake, and bringing warmth to the circle of people around him. And after they showed a video of my ailing grandfather Ruby, Bill walked to me with tears in his eyes and hugged me tight.
I was chatting with Bill on Instant Message the morning of Sept. 11, and he was offering me his thesis on the market in his usual lighthearted approach. It's funny, for a man who got it right so often, he had the uncanny ability to get his point across without talking at you. Yes, he was very good at what he did, but he was even better at who he was.
And that is what I'll miss the most.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV