Triumph Over Tragedy: The American Way
The U.S. Constitution begins with "We the people." Suffice it to say that those three words are what I'll forever remember about Tuesday, Sept. 11.
While that day was one of the most tragic in history, it was also one of the most triumphant. As I walked uptown from my Wall Street offices, the only emotion present was compassion. Despite the events, people were helping everyone around them. This country came together very, very quickly. There were no Republicans or Democrats, bulls or bears, just friends who would do anything to help the people around them. That is America: It always has been and always will be.
I've been criticized before for being too optimistic about the stock market and the economy. That optimism is rooted in my belief that we are a country, economy and people that will always recover from adversity. This tragedy is no different. It will take a great deal of time and effort, but "we the people" will prevail.
It's far too early to guess what will happen in the financial markets over coming weeks. What I will say is that making an emotional decision has rarely helped during times of investing uncertainty. I believe the individual and institutional investors alike will not give the terrorists what they want: panic.I will do my best to outline a likely course of events as we move forward. Until then, the employees of Kirlin Securities and I would like to offer our thoughts and prayers to every American, but especially to those persons and families who have been directly impacted by Tuesday's tragedy. Our prayers are with you.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV