Trade-In: Wade Cook Posts $1.7 Million in Trading Losses
Before you plunk down $2,500 for Wade Cook's November Hula Moola stock-trading seminar in Hawaii or $4,900 for his Wall Street Workshop, there's one thing you should know.
The folks at Wade Cook Financial (WADE) aren't very good traders.
According to a 10-K filed Monday with the Securities and Exchange Commission, Seattle-based Wade Cook Financial lost $1.7 million trading securities during the quarter ended June 30, reversing $700,000 in trading revenue in the year-earlier period.
Cook rose to popularity in the mid-1990s writing books, producing tapes and hosting seminars on investing. Since then, he has made a living recommending trading practices to individuals. Among his favorites are buying stocks just after split announcements, using covered call-option trading (simultaneously buying stock and selling call options, using the call premium to offset the cost of the stock purchase), and setting what he calls rolling stock positions, in which investors try to time highs and lows.
| Spoiling the Broth |
Wade Cook's downtrend
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV