Starbucks March Same-Store Sales Up 6%
Starbucks (SBUX) posted March sales gains on Wednesday at the high end of its long-term target range, thanks to strong sales of its espresso beverages and the continued expansion of its food program.
The coffee giant said same-store sales for the month rose 6% over the same month last year, hitting the high end of its long-term guidance of 3% to 7% gains. The gain was about three-tenths of a percent below Wall Street forecasts.
Total revenue reached $599 million, a 22% increase over last year's $493 million.
"Delivering strong comparable-store sales growth at the high end of our longer-term target range demonstrates our ongoing ability to grow the Starbucks brand on a global basis," Jim Donald, Starbucks' president and chief executive officer, said in a statement.Shares of Starbucks closed up 39 cents, or 0.7%, to $52.13.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV