Xobni Email Plug-In Makes Search a Cinch
It might be time to give Outlook an efficiency makeover with Xobni.
For all its market penetration, Microsoft's (MSFT) Outlook -- the benchmark email, calendaring and communications program for businesses both big and small -- remains relatively unmodified by the vast majority of users. Though a growing number of third-party add-in programs can add functionality to Outlook's email and calendaring program, few users choose to download them. Most small business users simply install Outlook as is, then maybe toss in a spam filter or two, and then proceed to stumble through the avalanche of email in their inbox.
That there is functionality to be captured with Outlook plug-ins is without question. There are simply too many programs out there not to help at least some businesses.
For example, OutTwit allows Outlook to control Twitter conversations. A very nice feature supported by Microsoft lets users send short text messages from Outlook. A Skype toolbar can be dropped into Outlook. Or LinkedIn connections can be run from Outlook.All of these programs, effective as they may be for certain businesses, are still very much at the nerds-only end of the techno sand box. But that may be changing. Earlier this year, San Francisco-based startup Xobni (that's inbox spelled backwards) released a downloadable plug-in for Outlook that just about any technophobe can install and use. I have been testing the program for the past several months. And while far from perfect -- it takes its toll on processing power -- Xobni is an interesting program that could improve the efficiency of e-mail.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV