Wednesday's Top 10 Political Blogs
Today's blogs have all the big news on the political endorsement front. Rudy Giuliani will be endorsed by Pat Robertson. On the surface this seems a good thing, but Robertson has made some outlandish comments in the last few years. Sen. Sam Brownback wasted his endorsement on John McCain.
Captain Ed notes that Brownback's endorsement did not go to Giuliani after all. Will endorsing McCain help the Arizona senator?
Swamp follows the saga of the impeachment articles for Vice President Dick Cheney. Rep. Dennis Kucinich sponsored the legislation. I guess if you don't like this administration, then you have to impeach Cheney before President Bush.Chris Cillizza at The Washington Post got the scoop on Robertson's Giuliani endorsement, which is a big blow to Mitt Romney. Jim Geraghty at the National Review Online talked to Paul Weyrich, an influential social conservative. Weyrich explains why he supported Romney over the other candidates. Tom Watson covers the Ron Paul phenomenon. On Monday, Paul's supporters -- without help from his campaign -- helped raise more than $4 million. This might be the most impressive one-day grass-roots event of this campaign.
DemocratsMary Katharine Ham noticed that Hillary Clinton's campaign wasn't too happy with Bill Clinton's ad hoc remarks about his wife being attacked. Was this intentional or spontaneous? Eli at firedoglake.com builds a case for cognitive dissonance. He believes this is what led Sen. Chuck Schumer to write an op-ed in The New York Times in defense of his vote for Michael Mukasey for U.S. Attorney General.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV