Top Rocket Stocks for the Week of Sept. 24
I have been calling for a snapback rally since the end of August, and last week it finally arrived. On Tuesday, the Federal Reserve cut the federal funds interest rate by 50 basis points, sending some of our Rocket Stocks picks up as much as 20%.
However, statistically speaking, this coming week likely will be flat to mildly down as traders and investors look to lock in some gains. Of course, as I've pointed out before, this doesn't really matter. Even if the market has a disastrous week, it will still be the case that out of the roughly 8,000 public companies, at least 1,000 to 2,000 stocks will go up. It's our job to find and bring you those stocks.
This weeks Rocket Stocks -- Rocket Stocks for the Week of September 24th-28th -- are primarily based around potential snapback plays as well as a few short squeeze candidates.
But before I make any recommendations, let's take a quick look at how last week's picks panned out:
- Harley-Davidson (HOG), up as much as 6% and ending the week up 3.5%.
- Kohl's (KSS), up as much as 8.5% and ending the week up 6%.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT), up as much as 9% and ending the week up 3.3%
- New York Community Bancorp (NYB), up as much as 7.5% and ending the week up 3.3%.
- Suncor Energy (SU), up as much as 3% and ending the week down 1%.
- Lehman Brothers (LEH) up as much as 14% and ending the week up 6.9%.
- Meritage Homes (MTH) up as much as 20% and ending the week down 3.4%
- Eagle Materials (EXP), up as much as 4% and ending the week only slightly up (0.8%).
- Cyberonics (CYBX), up as much as 2.7% and ending the week up 1.4%.
- EMC (EMC), up as much as 2% and ending the week slightly down.
- Countrywide Financial (CFC) (a midweek addition), flat and ending the week down 4%.
- Vaalco Energy (EGY), (a midweek addition), up some 5% and ending the week up 3%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV