Top 10 Warren Buffett Buyback Stocks
We at Stockpickr thought it would be interesting to look at those Buffett stocks that are also the subject of big company share repurchases. As we often highlight here, many stocks have successfully risen in price through company buybacks. So at Stockpickr.com, we have come up with the 10 Warren Buffett stocks with stock buyback programs.
When a company buys back its own stock, it reduces the number of shares outstanding and therefore increases the earnings per share. It also sends a signal to investors that the company has confidence in its business and that its own shares are the best investment for its surplus funds.
As an example, Wal-Mart (WMT) recently implemented a $15 billion stock buyback program. And we also saw that Buffett increased his position in the company. Wal-Mart recently announced a 49.1% quarterly increase in earnings on a 10% increase in revenue. The stock has a
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV