This Week's ETF Winners & Losers
Bundled securities tracking homebuilders, financials and REITs were the worst performers of a losing week for stocks as the health of the credit markets continued to deteriorate.
Among REIT-related ETFs, the iShares FTSE NAREIT Mortgage REITs (REM) dropped 18.4% for the week to $32.11. The iShares FTSE NAREIT Retail (RTL) ETF shed 4% to $39.04. The Ultra Real Estate ProShares (URE) ETF slid 2.2% to $40.45.
In the financial sector, Bear Stearns (BSC) was crushed following several negative headlines during the week. On Friday finance chief Sam Molinaro said during a conference call that the credit market was "about as bad as I've seen it in 22 years." The stock ended with an 11.7% loss on the week.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV