Tell Your Financial Horror Story, Win $5,000
The newest advancement in the personal finance world is offering anyone willing to share their holiday spending story the chance to have their credit cards paid off.
Web-based company Mint allows members to enter all of their credit card and banking information and then automatically tracks spending, finds savings and helps with budgeting.
In the wake of the holiday season and the spending that goes along with it, the personal-finance company is holding Holiday Spending Hangover Cure, a contest for anyone with a spending horror story to share. Those looking to participate can enter their unique stories through video or text directly to Mint.com. The winning video entrant and the winning writer will each have the balance, up to $5,000, on their credit cards paid off, and will receive financial counseling so they do not make the same money mistakes again.
"Personal finance is not something that people talk about often. People have financial blunders, and the idea behind the contest is that you can learn from other people's mistakes," said Mint founder and CEO Aaron Patzer.The contest will run through March 31. Membership at Mint is not a requirement to enter the contest, and membership doesn't increase the chances of winning. Users will pick their favorite entries, and then a panel of judges will pick winners from the top contenders.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV