T. Boone Pickens Calls It Again
GlobalSantaFe is up $5.50 so far this morning and Transocean is up more than $7. At Stockpickr we keep track of the investor's top holdings with the T. Boone Pickens portfolio.
GlobalSantaFe is Pickens' third-largest holding. In the quarter ending Dec. 31, 2006, he bought 524,359 shares of the company, bringing his total to 1.35 million shares. GlobalSantaFe provides offshore drilling services to the oil and gas industry and operates a fleet of rigs in the Gulf of Mexico, the North Sea, West Africa and the Middle East.
When oil was near $50 earlier this year, Pickens said it would hit bottom and rise. It did, and shares of GlobalSantaFe followed. The stock appears to have higher to run. Analysts are projecting the company will earn $7.17 a share this year and $9.16 next year, up from $3.77 in 2006, putting GSF's forward price-to-earnings ratio at around 7.With operating earnings exceeding $1 billion and net debt of just $220 million, GlobalSantaFe makes an excellent takeover target. In a recent analyst note, Citigroup characterized GlobalSantaFe as a likely takeover candidate. Super hedge fund investor George Soros, whose holdings also can be found at Stockpickr, is a shareholder of GlobalSantaFe as well.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV