Supermodels Outperform the Dow
Updated from 6:59 a.m. EDT
Gisele Bundchen is the world's richest supermodel. Heidi Klum is the second-wealthiest. Actress and former model Angelina Jolie is the third-richest celebrity in the world after Oprah Winfrey and Tiger Woods.
In addition to their wealth and fame, these three celebrities have something else in common: celebrity stock indices, based on the companies that these women are connected to in some way, such as by an acting role or as a celebrity spokesperson. The indices, created by Stockerblog.com, have been updated and compared with the Dow Jones Industrial Average. And all three have outperformed the Dow over the last six months.
Over the last six months, Gisele Bundchen's index, which includes Polo Ralph Lauren (RL) was up 1.6%; Heidi Klum's index, which includes Limited Brands (LTD) was down only 0.7%; and Angelina Jolie's index, which includes Viacom (VIA.B), was down 10% -- yet all were doing better than the Dow, which was down 10.3%. These are price-weighted index, similar to the Dow Jones Industrial Average, and dividends were included.To read more, please click here.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV