Six Investment Classics for Lazy August Days
Summer reading lists can be notoriously light and thin when it comes to the books that are on them. And this goes double for business books, which are often light and thin to begin with.
That is why out of August desperation -- I mean, with an august inspiration, The Business Press Maven is going to take a step back.
A number of readers have asked me to go beyond current books to recommend a classic reading list to them consisting of business books that, if read together, can give an investor a well-rounded look at the history, spirit and methods of investing. So consider this The Business Press Maven's literary canon, and I will be happy to make an appearance to cut a ribbon at the first business school to adopt it.
This list is not presented in any particular order. It is designed to give beginner investors the best flavor possible of Wall Street and investing, but if there is anything you advanced souls have missed on this list, bring it along on one of our fast-waning beach days. Anyone can learn from these:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV