Schwartz to Leave JPMorgan; KKR Bound?
Former Bear Stearns CEO Alan Schwartz will leave JPMorgan Chase (JPM), according to an internal memo that went out this morning to employees and that was read to TheStreet.com.
"With most of the work on the merger integration behind us, Alan will be moving on from the firm at the end of August to pursue other interests," said the memo, signed by CEO Jamie Dimon and the co-heads of the investment banking unit, Steve Black and Bill Winters.
"Despite the extremely difficult circumstances that brought our firms together, Alan has been a terrific and constructive partner throughout the process," the memo stated.
Schwartz, who has been a star adviser to media and telecom companies, including Disney (DIS), Microsoft (MSFT) and Verizon (VZ), has been rumored for more than a month to be headed to Kohlberg Kravis & Roberts.With the legendary buyout firm now going public, the move seems increasingly logical. A spokeswoman for KKR at public relations firm Kekst & Co. declined to comment.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV