Richardson Book Makes Compelling Case
I just finished an advance copy of New Mexico Gov. and Democratic presidential candidate Bill Richardson's book: Leading by Example: How We Can Inspire an Energy and Security Revolution, which will be in stores on Nov. 2. The strength of this book could boost his candidacy, but any benefit may come too late.
In the book, Richardson lays out a plan to change America's future based on a holistic energy policy. He understands energy policy relates to our economy and our national defense.
Richardson calls for a plan similar to JFK's race to put a man on the moon. His 10-year plan calls for leadership, investment and some sacrifice from everyone, with a final result that will be a better America.
He has the credibility after serving as a congressman for 15 years, a U.N. ambassador for three years, Secretary of Energy for three years, and governor of New Mexico for five years (which he enjoys describing as a clean energy state).Richardson's book has five goals to follow in order to create an energy and security revolution: 1) By 2020, reduce U.S. oil dependence by 50%; 2) Increase efficiency and renewables in the electricity and natural gas markets; 3) Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 20% (probably 30%) by 2020, 50% by 2030, 80% by 2040, and 90% by 2050; 4) Nurture and invest in science and technology, and; 5) Lead by example.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV