Monday's Health Winners & Losers
Option Care (OPTN) skyrocketed Monday on merger news as a few other health stocks recorded smaller gains from scattered news during a flat-to-green session.
Walgreen (WAG) will pay $19.50 a share, or some $850 million total, for Option Care, a specialty pharmacy-services company based in Buffalo Grove, Ill. Option Care bolted $3.84, or 25%, to $19.24. Walgreen was up 17 cents, or 0.4%, to $43.70.
Small-cap bio-nanotech company pSivida (PSDV) took off in the opposite direction after announcing that it entered an agreement for a direct offering to sell its Nasdaq-traded American Depositary Shares and warrants to purchase ADSs, including $6.5 million, to Pfizer (PFE).
It estimates the net proceeds from the offering will be $16.3 million after the placement agent fees and estimated offering expenses. Shares of pSivida were down 32 cents, or 21%, to $1.20.A few other companies had smaller moves to start the week. San Francisco-based biopharmaceutical company Anesiva (ANSV) said Monday that preliminary follow-up data from a phase II study show that osteoarthritis treatment Adlea reduced knee pain for up to 12 weeks and continued to be well-tolerated. The company said it's on track to advance Adlea to a phase II/III trial for osteoarthritis of the knee in addition to late-stage trials in various indications this summer. Anesiva rose 35 cents, or 5.7%, to $6.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV