Thursday's Small-Cap Winners & Losers
Continental Materials (CUO) fell 2.4% to $28.20 after its second-quarter earnings declined from a year ago.
The company earned $1.19 million, or 74 cents a share, down from $1.43 million and 89 cents a share last year. Sales rose slightly.
Inovio Biomedical (INO), a company involved in the development of DNA vaccines, said its partner Tripep AB of Sweden received approvals from the Swedish Medical Products Agency and local ethics committees to initiate a Phase I/II clinical trial of a novel DNA vaccine.
The vaccine is designed to treat chronically infected hepatitis C virus patients. Still, its shares dropped nearly 16% to $1.60.Adventrx Pharmaceuticals (ANX), a biopharmaceutical research and development company, rose 3% to $2.32 on word that the Food and Drug Administration has granted the fast track designation for ANX-510, or CoFactor injection. The product is currently being investigated in a Phase III study, with 5-fluorouracil and bevacizumab, for the initial treatment of metastatic colorectal cancer. Winthrop Realty Trust (FUR) was initiated with a hold rating at KeyBanc, but that was good enough for investors, who lifted the real estate investment trust 15.3% to $6.80.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV