McCain Takes Florida by Storm
Florida has played an important role in the last several presidential elections, and last night, it may have helped crown the Republican nominee and boosted Hillary Clinton.
Sen. John McCain (R., Ariz.) and Mitt Romney faced off in a bitter battle over the last week. McCain managed to play up his strengths on national defense and his electability, and downplay his weakness on economic matters to score the victory. With 99% of the precincts reporting, McCain had 36% of the vote to Romney's 31%. McCain picked up 57 delegates in the winner-take-all primary, which pushed him ahead of Romney into the delegate lead.
The win was sweet for McCain as he noted: "Everyone has been telling me how this was a Republican-only primary." McCain's detractors had pointed out that he had won both New Hampshire and South Carolina with the help of Democrats and Independents.
McCain should get another boost. Former New York City Mayor Rudy Giuliani came in a distant third in the race and is widely expected to pull out off the race today. Reports from
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV