Jupermedia Buys Mediabistro
Jupitermedia (JUPM) agreed to buy Mediabistro for up to $23 million in cash.
The New York media company said the deal calls for it to pay $20 million at closing and a two-year earn-out that could result in an additional $3 million in cash. Based in New York City, Mediabistro.com was founded in 1999 by Laurel Touby. Funding for this acquisition was secured through the recently announced closing of a $115 million senior credit facility arranged by KeyBanc Capital Markets.
"We are very excited to add Mediabistro and their community of members to Jupitermedia," said Jupitermedia chief Alan Meckler. "Mediabistro.com is run by a top-notch team, led by founder Laurel Touby. This team has nurtured a very loyal following of media and creative professionals that relies on Mediabistro to find jobs, learn about the latest industry happenings and best practices, and bring them together at live community-driven events around the country."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV