Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Join J. Crew
J. Crew (JCG) was the only stock pick Cramer offered on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Tuesday, but its quarter was so good that Cramer had CEO Mickey Drexler sign a conference call transcript as a keepsake.
"The guy's my hero," Cramer said, explaining his fanaticism. "It was a great quarter."
During the remainder of the segment, Cramer discussed the continuing liquidity crisis.
The matter comes down to CEO confidence, Cramer believes. "If they have liquidity ... why are the cancellations so great? ... People are talking about 30%" of loans ending in foreclosure, Cramer said.No one knows how bad things are, he said. "We can't loan to this level of value, and we can't get appraisal," he said. "In the Toll Brothers (TOL) call, [CEO Robert Toll said] at this time next year we'll be worrying more about the election than we will about housing prices." The market is "not priced out, but mortgaged out," Cramer stressed. "That's a confidence issue." "When you want a home, it's very hard for you to come buy one, particularly in that $400,000 to $500,000 level," he added. "I wish that ... any CEO would step up and take the charge," Cramer said. "I bet Bank of America (BAC) could do it."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV