Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Join J. Crew
J. Crew (JCG) was the only stock pick Cramer offered on CNBC's "Stop Trading!" segment Tuesday, but its quarter was so good that Cramer had CEO Mickey Drexler sign a conference call transcript as a keepsake.
"The guy's my hero," Cramer said, explaining his fanaticism. "It was a great quarter."
During the remainder of the segment, Cramer discussed the continuing liquidity crisis.
The matter comes down to CEO confidence, Cramer believes. "If they have liquidity ... why are the cancellations so great? ... People are talking about 30%" of loans ending in foreclosure, Cramer said.No one knows how bad things are, he said. "We can't loan to this level of value, and we can't get appraisal," he said. "In the Toll Brothers (TOL) call,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV