Jim Cramer's 'Stop Trading!': Indy Was Doomed
Today saw "more fear than almost any other time since Bear Stearns," said Jim Cramer today on CNBC's "Stop Trading" segment. He attributed this to the fact that single-digit stocks were falling at a "ghastly percentage basis."
Looking to bank stocks, Cramer emphasized that "everyone knew IndyMac (IMB) was going to go," because it had a "huge number of nonperforming assets." He added that National City (NCC) and Washington Mutual (WM) "should be called by the government and told to raise more capital."
Cramer finished by focusing on homebuilders and various housing companies. "Look for this group to bottom ahead of when the banks bottom," he said, and he cautioned that "we need to see a merger before we can get excited."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV