How NYU Plans to Create the 'Super Quant'
Editor's note: New York University recently launched its MBA/MS in Mathematics in Finance. Designed for the aspiring "super quant manager," the dual-degree program is offered through a partnership of the NYU Stern School of Business and the NYU Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
TheStreet.com's Gregg Greenberg recently met with three of the architects of this joint program: NYU Stern Professor of Finance and Nobel Prize winner Robert Engle, NYU Courant Clinical Associate Professor of Mathematics Petter Kolm and NYU Stern Dean Thomas F. Cooley. The following is a transcript of that meeting.
Gregg Greenberg: Why is now the time to create a dual degree to create a "super quant?"
Professor Robert Engel: The demand for
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV