Four Picks on Wall Street's Bargain Rack
I love a good summer sale.
When it's sticky and blazing hot outside, how good does it feel to spend a little leisure time wandering through the cool comfort of an air-conditioned mall?
I'm not that much of a shopper, really. But when I do partake, it's part of my nature to spend a fair amount of time looking through the bargain racks. I'm always looking for good value for readers of my new book, The Millionaire Zone. Not necessarily the cheapest thing out there, but a good value.
Switching gears to the stock market, it seems like this year is no different from any other.The bargain racks are out. Despite a generally strong year and a high single-digit percentage gain in stock indices in the second quarter, there are still bargains out there. You've probably heard this expression before: It's a "stock picker's market." Only now that might be truer than ever. The energy sector, large exporters, equipment manufacturers and some financial services firms have been pulling the sled, while others -- retailers, lenders, builders -- have been lagging far behind. And within each of those categories, some companies have far outperformed others.
|Want more? Check out TheStreet.com TV video. Jennifer Openshaw lays out some hot summer bargains.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV