Eco-Friendly Wine Picks
Our cups runneth over this time of year.
So do our recycling bins.
The piles of empty bottles raise the issue of whether there's a greener way to package and ship wine.
Turns out that the wine industry has been slowly but steadily moving away from the heavy green bottles that have been its mainstay for longer than anyone can say. The move toward tetra paks, bag-in-a-box contraptions (which are exactly what they sound like) and even plastic bottles is spurred partly by a desire to stand out on a crowded store shelf, appeal to a new market segment or to keep quality consistent.But there is also a definite eco-advantage to these new containers -- the wine industry is increasingly global and glass is heavy and not environmentally efficient to ship. British sommelier Garry Clark points out
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV