eBay, Buy This Item Now
On Wednesday, the Seoul Economic Daily reported that eBay was in talks to purchase the South Korean online marketplace operator, sending Gmarket's shares up more than 8%, and suggesting that the market believes there might be something to the speculation.
And there should be. An eBay bid makes a lot of sense, particularly right now. Rumors of a possible deal have surfaced before, but eBay needs to do whatever it can to reignite growth in its core marketplaces unit, which investors have focused on despite strong showings in the company's other divisions.
Will eBay Buy South Korea's Gmarket?
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV