Dropped Calls Miff iPhone 3G Users
The Apple (AAPL) 3G iPhone's connection may not be worthy of the name, something that should benefit rival handset makers that have been looking for a chink in the device's armor.
iPhone owners are flooding blogs, message boards, and Apple's Web site with complaints that the new iPhone 3G is not functioning correctly on the high-speed 3G networks it was designed for.
Many U.S. and foreign users are complaining that calls on 3G connections are frequently dropped, while others claim that they are stuck on the slower EDGE connection despite being stationary in a 3G coverage area."I have had the phone for a couple of weeks and I haven't had any dropped calls until a couple of days ago. Now, at least 50% of my call get dropped or I get a 'call failed' message when trying to make a call even though I have
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV