Deutsche Bank Losing Dyment
Hedge fund rainmaker John Dyment has left Deutsche Bank (DB) in New York to join Greenwich, Conn.-based hedge fund Shumway Capital Partners.
Dyment was global head of the German bank's hedge fund capital group.
A spokeswoman for Deutsche Bank confirmed the move but declined to comment further. Shumway reps weren't immediately reachable for comment.
A call to Dyment's home in Greenwich was fielded by his wife Kristin, who said the executive began his buy-side duties today at Shumway. She didn't provide an email address or mobile telephone number.Dyment's departure, which was reported first by Institutional Investor newsletter Alternative Investment News, is not expected to significantly impede the German bank. "We thank John for his outstanding work at Deutsche Bank and wish him great success," Barry Bausano, co-head of global prime finance, told TheStreet.com in a written statement. In an internal memo obtained by TheStreet.com, he wrote, "John built the best capital introduction team in the industry during his 6 years at Deutsche Bank. "We are confident that this team will continue to provide the same award winning service and superior intellectual capital for which it is known," Bausano said in the memo. Replacing Dyment will be Maarten Nederlof and Sean Capstick, who will act as co-heads of the hedge fund capital group. The pair -- hired in May to build up the bank's hedge fund unit -- previously worked at funds-of-funds manager K2 Advisors and Morgan Stanley, respectively. "John's departure creates an opportunity for us to leverage our deep internal pool of industry expertise and managerial talent," Bausano adds.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV