Crude Oil Steady Despite Saudi Pledge
Oil futures were staying at elevated levels early Monday, as Saudi Arabia's weekend promise to produce additional petroleum failed to convince traders that prices would be affected enough by the increase to fall back.
Recently, crude for August delivery, the new near-month contract, was up 15 cents at $135.51 a barrel. Brent crude was adding 25 cents to $135.11. Reformulated gasoline was fractionally higher at $3.44 a gallon, and natural gas was stronger by 10 cents at $13.09 per million British thermal units.
This past weekend, Saudi officials said at an extraordinary summit that they would lift the largest OPEC nation's output by 200,000 barrels a day, if necessary, through the end of the year. Currently, Saudi Arabia produces about 9.5 million barrels each day for the world market.
Still, oil prices were off their highs of the morning, pulling back as the dollar strengthened against its major counterparts.
They Just Don't Get Oil!
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV