Classmates IPO Held Back
In yet another blow to the social networking sector, United Online (UNTD) says the IPO of its Classmates Media unit will be held back this year.
United Online, formerly known as NetZero, says that the public offering of Classmates stock would not be in the best interests of its stockholders "under current market conditions."
Classmates is probably best known for its online banner ads featuring school photos. The company offers a paid membership service allowing people to locate former schoolmates.
The site has been called a poor man's Facebook. And recently Classmates was voted the
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV