Caxton Says Cutting 'Exposure'
Updated from 1:30 p.m.
The $12.5 billion fund, run by Brooklyn native Bruce Kovner, is not failing, according to sources. But they say its bankers are calling for the New York-based hedge fund to put up more money, and this is pressuring the giant hedge fund company to sell some assets.
JPMorgan declined to comment. Goldman said it doesn't comment on market rumors.But Caxton finance chief John Forbes says the firm isn't facing any unusual margin calls, though he admits the firm is cutting back its risk profile in response to rising volatility in the markets. "We are lowering our exposure until we are more comfortable with where the markets are going," Forbes tells TheStreet.com in a phone interview. "Our current
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV