Apple to Introduce Faster iPhone Next Year
Apple (AAPL) will deliver the next version of the iPhone early next year, TheStreet.com has learned.
A faster third-generation, or 3G, iPhone will be available sometime in the first quarter, say people familiar with the production plans. The new iPhone should help quiet critics who were unimpressed by the 2.5G EDGE technology the first version used.
Apple declined to comment.
Wireless industry observers say the two biggest complaints about the iPhone were the high prices and slow network connections. Earlier this month, Apple slashed the iPhone price by 33% -- a move that seems to have spurred some demand.
TheStreet.com reported earlier Monday that the Cupertino, Calif., company was boosting
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV