Huge iPhone Fees Juice Apple
It's well established that the world's most talked-about phone has lured thousands of
Until now, that is.
People close to the companies tell TheStreet.com that AT&T is paying Apple a bounty of between $150 and $200 per phone -- plus $9 a month per phone over the life of the typical two-year customer contract.AT&T didn't comment, and Apple said it would have no comment. But the figures show Apple is getting an unprecedented windfall on the sale of each new iPhone. Bulls on the stock believe the nifty terms -- which haven't been baked into Wall Street's earnings estimates for Apple -- could push Apple's highflying stock into the stratosphere. "This is unheard of," says one money manager who is long Apple. "No one has this plugged this into their models." "It's a pretty sweet deal for Apple, and not all that bad for AT&T," says IAG Research's Roger Entner. AT&T agreed to a five-year exclusive pact to sell the iPhone. The deal included a
|Want more? Check out TheStreet.com TV video. Scott Moritz discusses the Apple's iPhone deal with AT&T and how it will impact both companies.|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV