Apple Faces Cold Christmas
Brace for more disappointments ahead in the Apple (AAPL) iPhone saga.
Fans have been dreaming of a 3G Christmas. But observers are saying Apple probably won't be offering the faster wireless version of the iPhone this year.
"I don't think we'll see it until the first or second quarter of next year," IAG Research's Roger Entner says of the third-generation wireless iPhone, which would provide speedier Web access than current versions.
Apple says it doesn't comment on rumors. But this new slant on the holiday product picture emerges just as Apple is taking some heat over its handling of iPhone pricing.CEO Steve Jobs gave a presentation Wednesday announcing, among other things, that the company was killing the 4-gigabyte iPhone and slashing $200 off the price of the remaining 8-gigabyte phone. The decision to drop half the iPhone lineup validates rumors
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV