A Day With Carrie Bradshaw's Credit Card
The Sex and the City (TWC) ladies' spending habits are apparently not tied to the potential recession . Endless rounds of $12 Cosmos! Constant taxi taking! Those $550 shoes! It may be fun to watch, but is this lifestyle realistic for actual city-dwelling working girls?
For answers, MainStreet first turned to Brazen Careerist blogger Penelope Trunk. "In a lot of ways, [the women on Sex and the City] live the life a tourist lives. [And] the tourist has no sense of how New Yorkers live," she says. "Most people who can afford to go out for drinks every night can't because they're working."
So how do single New York ladies live? MainStreet asked a 'real-life' Carrie Bradshaw, journalist Leonora Epstein, a Cosmopolitan magazine staffer and girl-about-town, to reconstruct a hypothetical Friday for us, last minute shopping trips and all. Making of a Cosmo girl blogger tells MainStreet that between her social life and her job, she considers herself to be leading "a bit of a charmed life" - and she does it all on about $35,000 a year.
We're not sure we believe her, but Leonora swears she pays her credit card bills herself. (Unlike the notoriously Web-befuddled Carrie Bradshaw, Leonora pays her bills online ). "I never open my credit card statement," she says, admitting, "I really don't pay attention to my finances." Well we did. To learn what we found out click here and read MainStreet's full article.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV