9 Books to Boost Your Business Know-How
If you have been reading my columns over the past year, you know I am very big on reading business books. September is like the beginning of a new year, because the summer is over and the kids are back in school. Many companies begin their fiscal years in September.
When I look for books to read, I basically stay away from the self-congratulating biographies of Fortune 500 CEOs and focus on books that will provide me with:
- new business concepts;
- new businesses;
- information on businesses I know nothing about; or
- information on accounting and legal issues that would affect my business.
I believe the following 9 books will get your creative juices flowing and increase your knowledge of business.
Finding Foreclosures, by Danielle Babb and Bill Nazur. Although the Federal Reserve is lowering the interest rates, the number of people losing their homes is still growing quickly. There are tremendous opportunities for people who want to own real estate and have a long-term view of the real estate market.Masters of Sales, by Ivan Misner and Don Morgan. Ivan Misner is the founder of Business Network International, which has almost 100,000 members worldwide that network in small groups to develop business leads. This book features insights and advice from some of the world's most well-known sales gurus, such as Tony Robbins, Harvey Mackay and Tom Hopkins. The Business Rules: The 7 Irrefutable Laws That Determine All Business Success, by David Eichenbaum. The author, a professional consultant, spent 20 years studying businesses. He covers everything from starting a business to sales to marketing. There are a lot of great case studies featuring all sizes of companies, many of which are well known. Open an Online Business in 10 Days, by Melissa Campanelli. The times of starting an online company and making millions in a public offering are long gone. Still, there are more opportunities for the average person to make money using the Internet now than there were in the heyday. This book walks you through what it takes to start an online business.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV