- Last Ratings Update:04/30/2015
- Price as of 04/30/2015 :$59.39
- Net Assets:$38.6 Million
- Peer Rank:14 of 114
- Investment Rating:B
We rate Direxion S&P 500 Vol Response Shs at B. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return and low expense structure. The fund may be considered for investors seeking a Growth & Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Direxion S&P 500 Vol Response Shs has returned an annual rate of 14.76% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 14.73% in the last three years, 8.16% in the last year, and 2.30% in the last six months. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last three years, it has outperformed 73% of them. It has also outpaced 58% of its competitors on a one year basis for the period ending 4/30/2015. On a year to date basis, VSPY has returned 0.71%.
Downside risk has been below average. VSPY has a draw down risk of -6.63%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 9.6%. This fund has had a low level of volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 4/30/2015, the fund was trading at a price of $59.39, which is 2.5% below its 52-week high of $60.94 and 1.1% above its 52-week low of $58.75.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $38.60 million, VSPY maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth & Income peers of just 0.47% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As VSPY is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Direxion S&P 500 Vol Response Shs is managed by Paul Brigandi at Rafferty Asset Management LLC. This fund is one of 59 Rafferty Asset Management LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 11/5/2008 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV