- Last Ratings Update:05/31/2014
- Price as of 05/31/2014 :$74.69
- Net Assets:$21,025.199 Million
- Peer Rank:184 of 280
- Investment Rating:C+
We rate Vanguard REIT ETF at C+. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility, low expense structure and long term portfolio management tenure. The fund invests approximately 99% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking an Equity Income strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Vanguard REIT ETF has returned an annual rate of 9.30% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 21.39% in the last five years, 11.26% in the last three years, and 9.86% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 90% of them. It has also outpaced 63% of its competitors on a three year basis and 53% of them over the last year for the period ending 5/31/2014. On a year to date basis, VNQ has returned 16.43%.
Downside risk has been below average. VNQ has a draw down risk of -18.84%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 16.7%. This fund has had moderate volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 5/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $74.69, which is 0.4% below its 52-week high of $75.02 and 3.3% above its 52-week low of $72.31.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $21.03 billion, VNQ maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Equity Income peers of just 0.10% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As VNQ is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Vanguard REIT ETF is managed by Gerard C. O'Reilly at Vanguard Group Inc. This fund is one of 67 Vanguard Group Inc exchange-traded funds launched since 5/24/2001 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades