- Last Ratings Update:11/30/2014
- Price as of 11/30/2014 :$81.53
- Net Assets:$18,903.699 Million
- Peer Rank:120 of 290
- Investment Rating:B
We rate Vanguard Div Appreciation ETF at B. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a greater than above average total return, low price volatility, low expense structure and long term portfolio management tenure. The fund invests approximately 100% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Growth - Domestic strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks above peers over the last three years. The Vanguard Div Appreciation ETF has returned an annual rate of 8.04% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 14.04% in the last five years, 17.08% in the last three years, and 12.11% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 71% of them. It has also outpaced 72% of its competitors on a three year basis and 62% of them over the last year for the period ending 11/30/2014. On a year to date basis, VIG has returned 9.96%.
Downside risk has been below average. VIG has a draw down risk of -5.01%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 8.9%. This fund has had very little volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 11/30/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $81.53, which is 0.4% below its 52-week high of $81.86 and 4.0% above its 52-week low of $78.39.
Low expense ratio helps performance. On total assets of $18.90 billion, VIG maintains a low expense ratio compared to its Growth - Domestic peers of just 0.10% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As VIG is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The Vanguard Div Appreciation ETF is managed by Ryan E. Ludt at Vanguard Group Inc. This fund is one of 67 Vanguard Group Inc exchange-traded funds launched since 5/24/2001 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV