- Last Ratings Update:10/31/2013
- Price as of 10/31/2013 :$105.10
- Net Assets:$763.2 Million
- Peer Rank:13 of 31
- Investment Rating:B-
We rate ProShares Ultra Financials at B-. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end mutual funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a well above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 99% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Financial Services strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks very high in comparison with peers over the last three years. The ProShares Ultra Financials has returned an annual rate of -23.78% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 5.05% in the last five years, 19.05% in the last three years, and 64.66% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 13% of them. It has also outpaced 94% of its competitors on a three year basis and 97% of them over the last year for the period ending 10/31/2013. On a year to date basis, UYG has returned 56.16%.
Downside risk has been above average. UYG has a draw down risk of -49.48%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 37.1%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 10/31/2013, the fund was trading at a price of $105.10, which is 4.0% below its 52-week high of $109.50 and 11.6% above its 52-week low of $94.16.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $763.20 million, UYG maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Financial Services peers of 0.95% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As UYG is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The ProShares Ultra Financials is managed by Charles Lowery at ProShare Advisors LLC. This fund is one of 140 ProShare Advisors LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 6/19/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades