- Last Ratings Update:07/31/2014
- Price as of 07/31/2014 :$122.53
- Net Assets:$821.9 Million
- Peer Rank:11 of 30
- Investment Rating:B
We rate ProShares Ultra Financials at B. This overall rating indicates it is among the top 10% of all closed end funds in its peer group. Positive factors that influence this rating include a well above average total return, low price volatility and low expense structure. The fund invests approximately 99% of its assets in stocks and may be considered for investors seeking a Sector - Financial Services strategy.
POSITIVES AND RISKS
Total return ranks very high in comparison with peers over the last three years. The ProShares Ultra Financials has returned an annual rate of -20.02% since inception. More recently, the fund has generated a total return of 17.34% in the last five years, 36.05% in the last three years, and 14.87% in the last year. How does that compare to other equity funds? In the last five years, it has outperformed 84% of them. It has also outpaced 98% of its competitors on a three year basis and 67% of them over the last year for the period ending 7/31/2014. On a year to date basis, UYG has returned 2.93%.
Downside risk has been above average. UYG has a draw down risk of -37.57%, which is the largest price decline experienced over the last three years. This fund has a three year standard deviation of 35.3%. This fund has experienced excessive volatility in its monthly performance over the last 36 months. As of 7/31/2014, the fund was trading at a price of $122.53, which is 5.9% below its 52-week high of $130.16 and 0.0% above its 52-week low of $122.53.
High expense ratio hinders performance. On total assets of $821.90 million, UYG maintains a high expense ratio compared to its Sector - Financial Services peers of 0.95% to cover all operating costs. Brokerage costs for the fund to buy and sell shares are not included in the expense ratio. As UYG is an exchange traded fund, it has no front end or back end load.
The ProShares Ultra Financials is managed by Charles Lowery at ProShare Advisors LLC. This fund is one of 145 ProShare Advisors LLC exchange-traded funds launched since 6/19/2006 that we track.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV
Latest Stock Upgrades/Downgrades